Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Email from Tony Teo Yang Peng to Ms Sim Hwang Joo

From: Tony Teo [mailto:tteo@parade.vic.edu.au]
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2010 7:11 PM
To: Joo SIM (BDCI)
Subject: thankyou

Dear Joo,
Thank you for making the effort to contact me. We must catch up when you
are in Melbourne. School starts tomorrow. It is not possible for me to
organize leave this late. With my senior position and leadership
responsibility it is hard to just pack up and go at this early stage of
the school year

. I was asking  Roland and Mavis Kueh in January 2009 about reunions.
There seems to be small groups of reunion when people return for home
visits and in the last 28 years I had made many of those. It was
thrilling to see the large group of people that had responded to this
reunion. Today I felt strange and emotional all day. 40 years! (My
memories are failing me and as I looked at the long guest list I can
pick out some familiar names. I am never one for names even though I am
a teacher.) That is a long tine! I am surprised that function is on a
Wednesday and not on a Saturday. Now that my name is hopefully on a list
somewhere, I will get earlier contacts for future functions. Hopefully
it is not another 40 years.

I have just finished my summer vaccation during which my mum and sister
were visited. I am planing to take them to China end of March and on the
way back I hope to spend a few days in kuching. I hope to catch up with
some of my pen-yu then. In September/October we are taking our two
younger children to Europe to visit my wife's relatives in Germany. As
an artist i would like to see Paris and Rome as well.

I have been teaching  visual arts for 24 years. I now have 4 childrens,
(the last time I saw Joo, I had only a baby). My oldest son Luke is in
4th year melbourne Uni, my daugher, Emily is joining him this year,
David is in year 10 (form 4) and Naomi is in Form 1. My wife of 25 years
is working as a hospital scientist. Helena have been to Kuching a couple
of times in the 80s and 90's. All my children have been to Kuching one
time or another.

I hope that the reunion is a success and that it would be a grat time
for all to reminisce.

Regards,

Tony (Yang Peng- a name not used much in the last 29 years.)





Tony Teo
Visual Arts Convenor
Parade College
1436 Plenty Road
Bundoora, Victoria, 3083
Phone: 03 9468 3300
Fax: 03 9467 3937
e-mail: 
tteo@parade.vic.edu.au
web: 
www.parade.vic.edu.au

No comments:

Post a Comment